Sharing a few of my high suggestions for what to do and the place to go in Tucson, AZ!
Hello mates! Completely satisfied Monday! How’s the week beginning off for you? I’m educating my weekly aerobics class (such a blast!) and the Pilot is off work as we speak. I’m excited to have a correct daytime father or mother date with him. We’ll most likely go wild and head to Lowe’s for crops after which chill within the scorching tub? I can’t wait. 🙂
For as we speak’s submit, I’m sharing up to date Tucson recs! I wrote a post with Tucson recommendations a couple of years ago, however sadly, among the issues on the record are non longer our faves, or have closed down. Additionally, plenty of new spots have opened up! I’m sharing some concepts on the place to eat, what to do, and the place to hike, if you end up within the Outdated Pueblo on the lookout for some concepts. Tucson is a foodie’s paradise and we now have SO many wonderful native eating places.
What to do and the place to eat in Tucson
The place to buy?
La Encantada (undoubtedly take a look at Inventive Form for items, candles, and enjoyable stationary from native artisans)
The large outlet mall
4th Avenue for extra classic and thrift finds
St. Phillip’s plaza has some native boutiques
MSA Annex – one in all my favourite “vacationer” retailers is Why I Love The place I Reside, with AZ-themed shirts, hats, and stickers. It’s the place I bought my beloved cactus baseball cat that I put on on a regular basis.
Finest Tucson eating places
– Weekend brunch: DEFINITELY go to the Blues and Brews buffets at Loew’s or the brunch buffet at Hacienda del Sol. They’re each completely pretty with beautiful views and tons of choices — simply be certain that to get reservations.
– For those who’re on the lookout for one thing low-key, go all the way down to the Mercado San Augustin and seize the most effective Mexican donut of your life from La Estrella bakery. Sit on the courtyard and luxuriate in it with a espresso from Presta subsequent door.
– Prep and Pastry has a tremendous brunch and so they have two places
– Cup Cafe downtown
– Snooze (I’m so pumped we lastly bought one!)
Lunch and dinner:
– Past Bread. It is a Tucson treasure and I extremely advocate it for sandwiches, wraps, salads, soups, and pastries. My go-to is the Kalid’s Curry (rooster curry salad) on the gluten-free wrap with vinegar slaw.
– Culinary Dropout. Assume elevated variations of American classics, and plenty of tasty cocktails and appetizers
– Saffron. My fave Indian spot in Tucson!
– Nook- a cute trendy spot downtown
– Zayna’s Mediterranean Meals. Every thing is all the time recent and scrumptious. The falafel plate is my fave.
– Eclectic Cafe. We’ve been going to Eclectic Cafe without end and can get takeout generally as a result of the ladies adore it, too. They honestly have one thing for everybody and the meals is constantly good.
– Cowboy Cookout at Tanque Verde Ranch (Saturday nights!) with dwell nation music, grilled meats, prickly pear margaritas, and a full buffet
– CharroVida – it’s like Mediterranean meets Mexican meals, with a deal with utilizing more healthy oil choices, recent, native produce, and sustainable meat and fish
– Goodness – bowls, sandwiches, breakfast, smoothies, kombucha on faucet
– Tumerico – one in all my high eating places in all of Tucson. The menu varies relying on the season and what’s recent on the market, and so they make all the things in-house, together with the sauces, salsa, and tortillas.
– Nekter (for acai bowls and smoothies)
– Beaut Burger (vegan burgers — so so good)
– Alternative Greens – a build-your-own salad bar
– The Little One. They blast Mexican music, the proprietor will cease by and provide you with a hug, and the menu varies every day. The frescas additionally change every day – I extremely advocate getting one, or an horchata, to go along with the meal! It’s cash-only, so be sure you have some available. (Additionally value mentioning right here that they’re solely open for breakfast and lunch)
Finest Mexican Meals in Tucson!
– El Charro. We looooove El Charro and it’s in our common rotation. They’ve my favourite chips in all of Tucson – that is vital haha – and whereas I by no means strive something new, I’m very proud of my staples. I all the time get the 2 rooster tacos with shredded rooster, charro beans, rice, and an enormous margarita.
– Calle Tepa. Calle Tepa can also be in our common rotation. It’s an informal Mexican spot and the service is all the time FAST, which makes it superior for teenagers. They’ve an enormous menu and I particularly love their salsa bar.
– Tumerico (vegan) – talked about this one above. DEFINITELY do this one if you end up in Tucson!
– Blanco. Blanco has unimaginable guacamole and drinks, and it’s additionally positioned at La Encantada, which makes it best to pair with a day of buying, then observe up with gelato from Frost.
– Seis Kitchen. I like to recommend the Mercado location as a result of you’ll be able to get pleasure from it on the patio!
– We do love Guadalara Grill, however the previous couple of occasions, the service has been very, very gradual, so I don’t advocate it as usually as I used to. El Charro and Calle Tepa have AMAZING meals and tremendous quick service.
We haven’t tried these however have heard wonderful issues about Rosa’s and Rollie’s, too
Date night time (I like to recommend having reservations for all of those!):
– BATA. We went to BATA when it first opened and might’t rave about it sufficient. The meals is extraordinarily distinctive, the cocktails have been the most effective I’ve had in Tucson, and it’s an ideal date-night spot.
– Terraza Backyard Patio and Lounge at Hacienda del Sol. They usually have dwell music on the patio, twinkly lights, and great meals.
– Tito and Pep
– Augustin Kitchen
– Vivace – an Italian spot with beautiful foothills views
– Postino – a wine bar with customizable toasts and toppings, charcuterie, big salads, and panini
Tucson climbing spots
We’re lucky to have SO many trailheads right here in Tucson! Take a look at All Trails for one which meets your private ranges and distance choice, however listed here are a few of my high hikes:
Finest ice cream, dessert, and chilly treats:
We love the Hub ice cream downtown (they all the time have a vegan taste that’s to die for!), Frost for gelato, and Bahama Bucks for shaved ice. For those who’re in Tucson, you additionally HAVE to strive an eegee! There are places with drive-thrus in every single place. The July taste of the month is my fave (watermelon) and I additionally love the iced Teegee, which is lemon eegee with iced tea. Undoubtedly get some fries and ranch to dip them; you gained’t remorse it.
Lovin’ Spoonfuls has my FAVORITE desserts in City — they’re all vegan, too!
Additionally Cafe a la Cart has insanely wonderful desserts and pastries
Monsoon Chocolate for native, handcrafted chocolate bars
Tucson native spots to discover with children:
Defy trampoline park
Splash pad (we now have nice ones at Brandi Fenton and Udall park)
Take a horse lesson at Tanque Verde Ranch or TRAK
Sabino Canyon (you’ll be able to take the tram if it’s too scorching to hike)
Pima Air and House Museum
Path Mud City
Flandrau Science Heart and Planetarium
Rocks and Ropes
Mini Time Machine Museum
Have you ever been to Tucson? What are a few of your native favourite suggestions? We are able to share the love and assist one another out within the feedback!